I think it'd be awesome to have a group who already know one another, who are smart, who don't necessary agree with one another but have debated before, to write a journal about different topics, in the same place. Now, in the past we've kinda done that, but...
- With Slashdot, I think it's safe to say we were all fighting Slashcode to get the conversation going.
- With Multiply, it's very invitation-lead and not terribly open. On top of that, quite honestly, it became hard to have a discussion in an environment in which just finding out what people were writing became a chore.
- Fiction (of all types)
- Political, economic, social, etc commentary
- Personal stories
Now, I'm proposing doing this on Blogger, for several reasons:
- It's a fairly decent, stable, blogging platform, and it's free.
- It supports multiple contributors
- There's no convoluted registration process
- Anyone can comment on JEs
- You may feel this idea just sucks. You'd never read it, and even if you did, you'd never contribute. If so, PLEASE say why! This is just a proposal, it's what I have in mind, it's not final or anything.
- It's in the wrong place, you'd prefer Wordpress, or LiveJournal, or... go ahead, propose something!
- Man these Jalapeño-Jack Sun Chips are good.
- I don't know, commenting policy?
- I want to know if Sarah Palin says something stupid damn it, it's not as if I'd find out anywhere else.
- It's a horrible, horrible, idea and I'm a horrible person for proposing it.