Monday, May 2, 2011

Osama been Livin

So he's gone. Finally.

I'm in two minds about it. On the one hand, a man who funded one of the worst terrorist attacks in history - an attack on ordinary people with no involvement in the wars he wanted to fight - is no longer with us, he's not someone we need to worry about any more.

On the other, I really didn't enjoy the celebratory air. And while I understand it was impossible given the circumstances, I'd have really preferred to see him arrested, given a fair trial, and left to rot in a jail cell for the rest of his life, underlying the civilized values we stand for, that he wanted to destroy.

If there's an afterlife, I hope Osama gets to spend a little quality time with his victims.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Replies are welcome, but be aware comments are moderated. Be friendly, on-topic, and all of the things I'm not!